Saturday 17 August 2013

Grey Weather Blues

A bit of a contradiction in terms you think? Is the weather grey or blue? Well frankly grey right now, but to be honest I am not as bothered as usual. I have been having a staycation with my lovely fiance while the children are away with their respective fathers and it has been magnificent. Each morning I get up before him and head downstairs for coffee and networking and suchlike. Each morning I am astounded at the new amount of likers on the Facebook page!

I started an event for the launch of the first full novel in the Sensual Revolution series - Rose. Already 150+ people have signed up. It's so exciting, I just hope the book sells now as well!

So far, most of the response I have had for The Sensual Revolution has been very positive, people think it is a good idea and a thrilling read. The amount of cold showers people are reporting to me is amazing! I have been invited to become an author on Goodreads which is nice, will be looking into that today. It's all so exciting, I keep having to read back over the book, you know to check spelling and grammer and suchlike and even I love reading it!

In futher news myself and my trusty assistant and beloved daughter are thinking about starting a kindle publishing company, where we publish our own books but also help others to publish theirs. Jends Publishing, has a nice sound to it! I am not sure if you need a licence or anything though to be an advertising company so we will have to do a bit of research. Would be nice though even if we can just help a few people be successful with their e-books!

Further developements in the world of craft. Our Etsy shop has been updated and revamped and now has a lot of items on there which are proving popular. With over 100 items on and more being added each week have a little look you may be surprised at what we have on offer!

Chalice Of Jends Etsy Shop


With our longterm plan of eventually owning a smallholding in the Netherlands and helping teenagers, I have decided to learn some new crafts, ones that are fun but may be useful in our bid for self sufficiency. This year I have commited to learning weaving, pottery and mosaics. I bought all the things for the mosaics, even went and did a long beachcombing session with the other half. To my delight he has decided to also join in and start making things with mosaics that we can sell on the shop, so watch this space!

I am investing in a book about making kilns at home later in the year and starting to learn how to make pottery. I am going to get a small children's wheel to start off with and then see how I got on with that before investing in a considerably more expensive proper one! It's all very exciting though and I feel great about learning new things and making things that are either useful or pretty. I am working on a coaster for my son, who is a massive minecraft fan. So I am creating a creeper for him in greens and blacks. I hope he likes it.

So can anyone recommend any other crafts that may be useful on a small holding. I am learning cheesemaking and candlemaking and want to look at soap making as well. Next year my big plan is to invest in a spinning wheel and some fleeces and learn to spin wool which will also be a good skill for a small holder. We are also learning how to smoke and dry meat and cheese and suchlike. Its a busy time but also a really thrilling one.

It seems that if you put your mind to it, even grey days can be full of colour!

I have been a little disappointed by the response for the competition this time, but I keep telling myself that people need to get used to the whole concept for a start. I have a winner for the August competition already unless anyone else enters so that is an okay start. Once I announce that and people can see the reaction I am hoping that more people will enter the September/October one! I also have to think of an awesome prize for November/December as that is the period of time when the book competition does not run!

For now though, I am working on Rose, working on networking and about to go upstairs and finish designing the Sims house to get the first one onto YouTube. Its a lovely job when you can write about passion and then play games to promote your writing, sometimes I feel I must be the luckiest girl in the world!

Last but not least, myself and my good friend Paige Lowry have designed and created the new logo that will represent The Sensual Revolution in the future. I am looking to make both the name The Sensual Revolution and the logo protected by international copyrite law in the future but it is a bit expensive so will have to wait and see how things go. So here it is, The Sensual Revolution Logo!


Here's hoping you have a happy and passionate weekend!

Kayler xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment